"Perpetrator Treatment in the New Decade”
Conference Registration and Schedule to be Announced
ADVIP, the Association of Domestic Violence Intervention Programs, consists of mental health professionals, batterer intervention providers, and research scholars dedicated to evidence-based practice worldwide. ADVIP is an international organization, with members in 17 countries. Since 2013, members have networked with one another and shared research, news and clinical experiences on our organization’s website, www.domesticviolenceintervention.net.
NOTE: Following our conference, at the same location, is the IVAT 25th International San Diego Summit. This is a separate event, requiring separate registration. *
For more information go to:
CALL FOR PAPERS: We are accepting proposals for presentations at the conference, from researchers as well as treatment providers, on the topic of intimate partner perpetrator treatment. If you would like to present, send a brief (maximum 1 page) description of your presentation proposal, a minimum of 5 references from studies published in peer-reviewed journals that you will be including in your presentation, and your curriculum vitae. Send your proposal via e-mail by March 1, 2020 to John Hamel, Ph.D., LCSW at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for:
- Original research studies related to domestic violence perpetrators, including policy, assessment, treatment, and the coordinated community response
- Reviews of the literature on topics related to perpetrator intervention
- Clinical descriptions of promising, evidence-based programs or innovative approaches to perpetrator treatment (case studies are encouraged) in the modalities of group, individual, couples or family
- Research on promising trends in disputed child custody cases involving domestic violence
* ADVIP conference attendees can utilize the IVAT discounted rates at the Hyatt La Jolla for up to 2 days prior to the event, as well as for the IVAT Summit days. Attendees who purchase CEs from the ADVIP mini-conference will not be charged the CE fee for the IVAT Summit if they also attend it.
IVAT is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. IVAT maintains responsibility for this continuing education program and its content. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) now accepts APA continuing education credit for license renewal for LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs, and LEPs. IVAT is approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses to offer continuing education for nurses (CEP #13737). IVAT is approved by the State Bar of California to offer Minimum Continuing Legal Education for attorneys (#11600). IVAT is approved by the California Association of Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) to sponsor continuing education for certified alcohol and drug abuse counselors (Provider #IS-03-499-0221).