ADVIP Member Directory Listed by Country
ADVIP members include researchers with an expertise in the field of partner and family abuse, or provide direct intervention services to perpetrators and have indicated a commitment to evidence-based practice. Both members and non-members can view the membership directory. Individuals with a Full Membership to ADVIP can write posts to our blog pages and enjoy other benefits not available to individuals with a Limited Membership. To become a member, or to upgrade membership from Limited Member to Full Member, go to the JOIN ADVIP link on the home page.
Some ADVIP members have organized into local chapters. Local chapters allow members to meet face-to-face, or through Skype or other electronic forums, to network and advance evidence-based practice in their local communities. A list of local chapters can be found on this page.
On this page you will see the Master List of all members organized by world region and country. Click on a member’s name to view their full profile page containing information about their location, background, training, intervention services and research interests. In the member’s profile page, you can click on the country, state, province or city to view all other members in those categories.
Click here for the Master List of all members, in alphabetical order, with additional search options.
MASTER LIST OF MEMBERS BY REGION AND COUNTRY
Douglas Douglas Bonar (Pinellas Park, United States) Provider
• Two graduate degrees (M.Ed. & Ed.S.) from the Counselor Education Department at the University of Florida in 1983.
• LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor) since 1986.
• Eight (8) years employed by the Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services (HRS) at the North Florida Evaluation and Treatment Center (1978 – 1986) treating clients adjudicated Incompetent to Stand Trial by Reason of Insanity. Final position: Human Services Counselor III, Certified Forensic.
• Twenty-three (23) years employed by the Pinellas County Child Protection Team (1986 – 2010). Final position: Senior Child Protection Specialist.
• Certified by the State (DCF) in 2001 to facilitate Batterer’s Intervention Program (BIP) groups
• Ten (10) years working part time for A Wellness Center conducting BIP groups (2001 – 2010)
• Retired from CPT and opened A Center for Wellness in April 2010
• Member of the Pinellas County Domestic Violence Task Force since 2000
• Member of the Human Services Program Advisory Committee of St. Petersburg College since 1996
• Four years in the Marine Corps, 1968 to 1972. One year in Vietnam. Honorable Discharge with the rank of Sergeant (E5).
• Local facilitator of the Suncoast Community Institute of Noetic Sciences (SCIONS) since 2010. Served on the national IONS Leadership Council 2017.
• Two adult sons and one grandchild