EDITING YOUR PROFILE IN THE MEMBER DIRECTORY
- Login to the administrative area of your site: click HERE or use the MEMBER LOGIN button at the top of the home page, and enter your username and password.
- In the upper right of the screen, hover over your name (it should say “Howdy, Name” and select Edit My Directory Entry.
- Edit your entry as needed, and confirm the changes.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE:
- Contact John Hamel at email@example.com if you have forgotten either your user name or your password.
- If you are no longer using your original e-mail address, you must update your profile with the new e-mail address; otherwise, you will not be automatically be able to receive notices regarding new postings, podcasts, etc.
PARTICIPATING IN THE ADVIP COMMUNITY
POSTS. You can share your information by posting to our blog pages, which can be accessed from the Blog (Community/News) link on the home page.
Note: This feature is only available to individuals with a full ADVIP membership. If you wish to publish a post to the blog pages, you will need to first upgrade your status from a limited membership to full membership. To do this, click on the JOIN ADVIP link on the home page and check the Membership Upgrade box and follow the directions. Within 1-2 days, you will be sent a Username and Password, along with instructions on how to use the website. You can then proceed to the MEMBER LOGIN section of the home page.
How to post:
- Login to the administrative area of your site by clicking the MEMBER LOGIN icon at the top of the home page, and entering your username and password.
- Click on Posts in the left sidebar, then click the Add New button to start a new post.
- Type or paste in the title at the top.
- Type the body of the post in the main editing area. To format the text, you may use the formatting palette above the text entry area, similar to a word processor. To have more options and control, open up the second line of this formatting palette by clicking on the small icon button at the right end of the row (if you hover your mouse over it, this will pop-up a tip saying “Show / Hide Kitchen Sink”). LIMIT YOUR POST TO UNDER 1,000 WORDS.
- To make a line or paragraph stand out as a heading, click in that line then use the pop-up menu in the left side of the second row of the formatting palette and change it from Paragraph to Heading 2 or one of the other Heading options.
- You may paste in the body text from another program such as Word. If only the first row is visible, click on the rightmost icon – it will say “Show/Hide Kitchen Sink” – and the second row will then appear, containing the W icon) Once you have clicked on the W icon, the “Paste from Word” window will come up. Copy and paste your text into this window – you can use either the CTRL-V [Windows[ or Command-V [Mac] keyboard shortcut. Your text should be visible in the window. Click the Insert button at the bottom right.
- If the formatting does not look correct in the main text area, please UNDO immediately (CTRL-Z or Command-Z) or select all the text and delete it. In this case, you may try using the plain text option for pasting by clicking the little T icon button in the second row of the formatting palette. Paste into this window, and click Insert. The text should come in “unformatted” and you may need to do some cleanup to get it looking the way you like.
- Edit your text as needed. You may format the text using the formatting palette above the text entry area.
- Set the Category for this submission (do not select more than one category). You’ll see these checkboxes in the Categories section on the right hand side of the window. DO NOT CHECK THE “UNCATEGORIZED” BOX, BECAUSE THEN YOUR POSTING WILL NOT SHOW UP!
- Click the Preview button in the upper right to see how your post will look. This will open up in a separate tab or window. You may edit your post and then use the Preview button again to see the updated version.
- To publish, click on the Publish button.
ADDITIONAL ADVIP MEMBER BENEFITS
On the home page, locate the “Member Benefits” area and enter your password into the box.
Note: Contact John Hamel if you need your original password.