ADVIP Member Directory
ADVIP members include researchers with an expertise in the field of partner and family abuse, or provide direct intervention services to perpetrators and have indicated a commitment to evidence-based practice. Both members and non-members can view the membership directory. Individuals with a Full Membership to ADVIP can write posts to our blog pages and enjoy other benefits not available to individuals with a Limited Membership. To become a member, or to upgrade membership from Limited Member to Full Member, go to the JOIN ADVIP link on the home page.
Some ADVIP members have organized into local chapters. Local chapters allow members to meet face-to-face, or through Skype or other electronic forums, to network and advance evidence-based practice in their local communities. A list of local ADVIP chapters can be found on this page.
In this Searchable Master List, you may click on member’s name to view their full profile page containing information about their location, background, training, intervention services and research interests. In the member’s profile page, you can click on the country, state, province or city to view all other members in those categories.
There are two additional search boxes. The one on the left allows you to find members according to their status as either Researcher or Provider. The box on the right allows you to conduct a more refined search, to find members by city, state or province, research interests (e.g., domestic violence risk factors, motivation, impact on children) or clinical services and modalities (e.g., batterer groups, parenting programs, substance abuse treatment, etc.). Keep in mind that some profile data can be entered in multiple ways , so if a search in unsuccessful try a related keyword – for example, “group counseling” instead of “group therapy,” “LGBTQ” instead of “LGBT,” and so forth.
SEARCHABLE MASTER LIST
FIND PROVIDERS AND RESEARCHERS
Dr Bontha V Babu (New Delhi, India) Researcher
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D. in Anthropology from AndhraUniversity, Visakhapatnam, 1994
- Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Statistics from AndhraUniversity, 1995 – First class
- M.A. Anthropology from AndhraUniversity, 1988 – First class
- B.Sc. Botany, Zoology & Chemistry from AndhraUniversity, 1986 – First class
INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH, New Delhi
At ICMR headquarters:
- 1 Sept. 2011 – till date: Scientist-F & Deputy Director-General (Senior Grade)
- 19 May 2008 – 31 Aug. 2011: Scientist-E & Deputy Director-General
- Focus on health systems research and socio-behavioural research
- Research Management: Fostering and facilitating research
- Developing and conducting multi-centric country-level projects
- Activities of developing research capabilities in institutes/researchers
At ICMR’s Regional Medical Research Centre, Bhubaneswar
- December 2005 – 18 May 2008: Scientist-E & Deputy Director (Social Science)
- December 2000 – November 2005: Assistant Director (Social Science)
- December 1995 – November 2000: Senior Research Officer
- Developing and Undertaking research projects
- Operational research including development of strategies for national filariasis control programme
- Socio-economic and public health aspects of lymphatic filariasis;
- Morbidity management strategies of lymphatic filariasis
- Study on health consequences of domestic violence
- Intervention strategies to combat micronutrient malnutrition
- Networking and building partnership with State health department and local NGOs, and technical support to state government to undertaking filariasis elimination programme
- Supervise students’ research and practical fieldwork
- Assisting the Director in general administration
Services or Research Projects
- Project: Study of Health Consequences of Domestic Violence with Special Reference to Reproductive Health
Funding: Indian Council of Medical Research
Dr. Anant Kumar (Ranchi, India) Provider, Researcher
Dr. Anant Kumar is Assistant Professor at Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS), Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. Trained in Psychology (University of Allahabad) and Social Sciences in Health (JNU), he offers courses in Public Health and Policy; RCH, Gender and Development; and Organizational Behaviour. He is also associated with various programmes and projects of the Institute.
Before joining XISS, Dr Kumar worked with Institute of International Education’s (IIE) Population Leadership Program in India. He is associated with various organizations and professional groups and has been published in several national and international journals. He is also on the panel of reviewers for various national and international Journals. Dr Kumar is South Asia Representative for Canadian Coalition for Global Health Research Task Group on Global Health Research Partnerships.
Specialties: Public health, women’s health, mental health, population and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, international health, public health policy and leadership.