In the postings below, ADVIP members share their clinical experience, research knowledge and new developments in the field of domestic violence intervention and policy, as well as upcoming trainings, resources and news of common interest. Posts appear in chronological order, with the most recently-submitted at the top. Scroll down for older posts in each category.
Only ADVIP members can Post to our Blog, or comment on existing blogs. To become a member, go to the JOIN ADVIP link on the home page. Posting instructions can be found by clicking the MEMBER INSTRUCTIONS link at the top of the home page.
- IPV: Evolutionary Psychology Perspectives
- Behavioral Skills Training Study
- Seeking support for Thesis committee starting January
- 2019 ADVIP/UC Davis/Tulane University Domestic Violence Perpetrator Treatment Suvey
- Call for Papers – Program Descriptions and Case Studies Needed
- National Intimate Partner and Sexual Abuse Survey Update
- Request to consider if you have any unpublished data for inclusion in a meta-analysis
- New: Free Quarterly Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles!
- Research Opportunity-Women’s batterer intervention best practices
- Female Perpetrators: Treatment Needs and Best Practice Methods?
- EMAP: Emotionally Intelligent Mindful Acceptance-Based Program
- Mindful Workbook for Women
- Emotionally Intelligent Batterer Intervention
- Alternative Behavior Choices Batterer Intervention Program
- Achieving Change through Value-Based Behavior (ACTV)
- The STOP Program: For Women Who Abuse
- The Needs ABC Model – Supportive Challenging & Responsibility-Taking
- S.A.F.E. Counseling Program, Inc.
- Suicidality and Intimate Partner Abuse
- Brain change and domestic violence
Trainings / Resources
- Assessment tests
- 2020 ADVIP International Conference
- Domestic Violence and Sex Offender Management Boards Annual Conference – Call for Presentations
- Alternative Behavior Choices – Evidence Based Batterer Intervention
- Your Feedback on ADVIP Podcast Series
- IVAT San Diego 24th International Summit and BIP Survey Results
- Free Domestic Violence Webinar
- New Podcasts – Free to ADVIP Members!
- Advanced BIP Facilitator Training-California
- Training Video: Batterer Intervention Groups: Moving Forward with Evidence-Based Practice
Policy and Politics / News
- No Contact Orders
- Conducing Batterer Intervention Groups During COVID-19 Crisis
- New ADVIP Local Chapter
- Risk Needs Assessments
- Research to Policy
- National Post report of Lysova et al paper on Stats Can incidence data for IPV
- Workshop – Family Violence Coordinating Council (FVCC) in Fort McMurray Alberta
- Early Origins of Male Violence-Santa Fe Conference May 1-3, 2018
- Updates on the UK
- Domestic Violence Awareness Video